I was so impressed by the positive feedback from Five Essentials – To Staying Productive that I wanted to incorporate more lifestyle tips on my blog. Most of us have a common goal in life – to be happy. We all find happiness in different ways and for some people, happiness is derived from success. Success is something that is hard to achieve but will come with time and perseverance. For many of us, we look for success within ourselves from our hobbies and the things that we like. For example, I love fashion, learning how to improve my lifestyle and blogging. I reciprocate these into BCxVS to create something that I am passionate about. But like many others, we pour our hearts and souls in to something and expect to see a greater outcome. It is easy to run off track with our goals and that is why we should keep in mind these 7 ways to help our small businesses succeed.
- Love What You Do: You can tell when you are working with someone who isn’t passionate about their job. And that is no way of selling anything. First, you must be passionate. Do some soul-searching and figure out what you love. Then take that love and ambition and turn it in to something that will grow. People see passion in other people and believe in them. That is the best way to sell any product if you ask me.
- Take Baby Steps: Nothing great will happen overnight. Looking at a company — sometimes it might feel like overnight success but that success is really backed by months and months of strategic planning. Set goals for your business and then turn those goals into due dates. Stay on track with this system and you will be amazed at how far you can come in a little period of time.
3. Learn from Others: Many great entrepreneurs started off by working under others. This allows you to take into account their mistakes and how to avoid them when the time comes to start your small business. This is one of the greatest advantages we have as learners. We can constantly learn from others creating a stronger foundation for ourselves.
4. Develop Networking Skills: This is one of the most important steps to being successful. Your business could produce the best product out there but it would be nothing if no one knew about it. We live in a world where millions of people are at our fingertips. Use social media to your advantage. It is endless. Reach out to people in the same field as you asking for advice. The worst thing they can do is not reply. You may develop a friendship out of this which could lead to wonderful things down the road.
5. Keep Your Money Straight: I wish this wasn’t a necessary step to talk about — but it is. Make sure to pay close attention to how much money is coming in versus how much money is going out each month. If you need extra financing, check out marketplaces like Fundera to explore your loan options. If you are creating a product that requires labor and materials, keep that in mind when coming up with a selling point. The last thing you want is to be spending more than you are making. At that point, your business will not be successful. Tip: if you aren’t good with managing money, befriend someone who is. There is nothing better than combining your strengths with others to create something even better.
6. Get Back Up: No matter what you get yourself into, there will be times where you question if it is worth it. Nothing will ever be simple and nothing will ever work out exactly the way you want it to — that’s just life. So use these “stumbles in the road” to push yourself to do better next time. By living a lifestyle like so, you will always succeed.
7. Always Stay Gracious: One of the greatest things a person can do is be grateful. Although this may seem unnecessary to say, it can make a big difference. So every time someone goes out of their way for you, send them a handwritten ‘thank you’ in the mail. Thank you’s are on some level, one of the best forms of respect. And starting this early on will bring you a long way.
Special thanks to Fundera for reaching out.